PLEASE NOTE: Sunday School does not meet during the summer months. Classes will resume for fall 2019 on Sunday, September 15. DUMC will have a Rally Day and Sunday School registration on Sunday, September 8, at 9:30 am.
- Sunday School classes are offered for all ages and stages, including children, youth, and adults.
- For help in locating a class, visit our Welcome Station in the narthex.
- All classes meet from 9:30-10:30 between our worship services (most meet only Sept-May).
- All classes are always open to new persons at anytime!
Children and Youth Sunday School
- 2/3 year olds: Room #1 (main building, downstairs, next to library)
- Pre-K: Room #6 (main building, downstairs)
- Kindergarten & 1st Grade: Room #19 (main building, downstairs, below Music Room)
- 2nd Grade: Room #18 (main building, downstairs, below Music Room)
- 3rd Grade: Room #5 (main building, downstairs, next to Resource Room)
- 4th and 5th Grade: Room #13/14 (main building, 1/2 of dining hall, downstairs)
- 6th and 7th Grade: Youth Chapel
- 8th Grade/Confirmation: Youth Chapel
- 9th Grade/Confirmation: Youth Chapel
- 10th-12th Grade: Youth Chapel
At Damascus UMC we have several adult Sunday school classes that vary in age and study style.
Discipleship Voyage Class
Located: Library (downstairs, below sanctuary)
Book and life discussions based class with no homework. All books are read together during class time.
Located: Annex Conference Room (detached house east of main building)
Discussion style class that explores a variety of spiritual literature.
Love Feast Class
Located: Great Hall (first floor, by main hall, near stage)
Bible and book study class for 35-50ish aged adults.
Located: Dining Hall (downstairs, kitchen side)
Book study class with a focus on Christian conversation to further faith journeys.
Pastor's Class - seasonally
2019 Lenten Book/Bible Study with Pastor Kathryn: The Way - Walking in the footsteps of Jesus by Adam Hamilton (3/3, 3/10, 3/17, 3/24, 3/31)
Located: Dining Hall classroom
Lecture style class that presents Biblical and topical lessons.