Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit...one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God...who is over all and through all and in all.
Christians are meant to live as a community of faith!
Here at Damascus UMC we envison ourselves and are committed to creating a faith community that is welcoming and a place for all!
Our Vision of a Faith Community
- A community alive with worship, music, and fellowship. To know people will find Damascus UMC as a place to call home during their faith journey from life's sunrise to sunset.
- A community that is an accepting, inviting, hospitable congregation who celebrates and welcomes diversity (not limited by race, religion, or age) and abundant in life.
- A community that is a caring, healing, supportive, loving church that strengthens our sisters and brothers through a warm embrace, an accepting smile, a sincere concern, a safe harbor from a cold world.
- A community where worship and fellowship is deep and meaningful, but also useful and practical for all persons and engages all the senses.
- A community full of people who enter the Sanctuary through the "Servant's Entrance" and find a small group that allows them to be comfortable and free from judgment; they will find a place to learn, to be inspired by the Holy Spirit, to identify their God-given gifts, and to serve.