See You in September
I can hardly believe that Summer is drawing to a close. I hope that you had a wonderful summer and found time for rest, recreation, and restoration of your spirits. I had a busy summer getting to know many of you in the congregation and celebrating our first worship services together. Thank you for offering Pastor B and me such a warm and genuine welcome as well as taking time to meet with us and help us make a good transition to being your new pastoral team at DUMC. All that you and the staff have done has greatly helped us to get off to a good start.
As the old song says, “See you in September.” It’s September again and it’s time to see and be seen. It’s the season of Back to School and back to church as well! Here are some of the things that will be happening in September:
- Sept. 2– Our final summer schedule Sunday of worship at 9:30 am.
- Sept. 6– “First Thursday” meeting night resumes for Trustees, Missions, and Children’s Ministry.
- Sept. 9– We resume our regular worship schedule of services at 8:15 and 11:00 am with a special worship series called “Come to the Table.” See full details on page #3.
- Sept. 9– It’s Rally Day, a time for all ages to sign-up for Sunday school and to learn more about other ministry opportunities (see full details on page #4).
- Sept. 12– Our Welcoming Wednesday Dinners resume at 6:00 p.m. NOTE: They are resuming on the second Wednesday in September to coincide with when our choirs resume rehearsals.
- Sept. 16– Sunday school for all ages resumes at 9:30 am. See class offerings listed at Rally Day on September 9.
These are but a few of the many worship, discipleship, and mission opportunities that will be starting in September, and I look forward to joining with you as we work to be faithful, growing disciples of Jesus Christ, ready to transform the world for the good. See you in September!
Grace and peace,